How a Civil Litigation Attorney in Brooklyn, NY Can Help You Pursue Financial Restitution for Your Harms and Losses
It is quite common for individuals and businesses in Brooklyn to find themselves embroiled in civil litigation. Civil disputes routinely involve instances of personal injury, product liability, wrongful death, breach of contract, landlord-tenant disputes, employment disputes, and so forth.
For a plaintiff involved in civil litigation, the goal is to try and “right a wrong” or receive financial restitution for their harms and losses. On the other hand, a defendant in civil litigation wants to aggressively protect their rights in opposing the plaintiff’s civil claim.
Whether you are a plaintiff or defendant, retaining a skilled and aggressive civil litigation attorney in Brooklyn is crucial in achieving a successful outcome in your case.
What Exactly is Civil Litigation?
Civil litigation is when two or more individuals, or businesses, are involved in a legal dispute where one or both feel they are entitled to financial restitution or specific performance. Neither party is considered a criminal in a civil case. As a result, some of the most popular legal terms and standards you may be familiar with from “Law & Order” or other legal dramas do not apply.
For example, you may be familiar with the “beyond a reasonable doubt” legal standard to convict a defendant. This standard does not apply to a civil case. Instead, the governing standard is a “preponderance of evidence.” This is a much different standard to satisfy during trial.
Benefits of Hiring a Skilled Brooklyn Civil Litigation Attorney
If you break your leg, you go to the hospital for medical treatment. This is because you expect a level of expertise and care at the hospital. The same logic applies to retaining an attorney. If you are involved in a legal dispute, or you were badly injured in an accident and want to pursue financial restitution through a personal injury claim, you need the expertise and guidance of a seasoned lawyer. Here are some additional benefits to retaining a Brooklyn civil attorney:
- The Right Attorney Will Give You Peace of Mind – If you were injured in a serious accident, a contract was breached, or you were harmed in some other way, you probably do not want to spend your free time researching case law, filing pleadings, interviewing witnesses, and preparing for trial. This is where an attorney can be a huge asset. They take these responsibilities off your shoulders so you get peace of mind and can focus on getting your life back on track.
- The Attorney Knows All the Tedious Court Rules and Procedures – Your civil attorney will know all the ins and outs of Brooklyn court protocols and the Rules of Civil Procedures. Following these procedures is almost as important as knowing how to correctly argue a case. This is because a judge won’t give you a pass on not abiding by the rules because of your lack of experience. In addition, you cannot ask for assistance in the middle of the trial or use a life-line to call someone.
- Put Extensive Civil Litigation Experience on Your Side – When you hire a civil lawyer, their experience is one of the best tools you will have at your disposal. Laws can change often which make them complicated. In addition, navigating the courtroom is not easy and be quite intimidating. Furthermore, your Brooklyn lawyer knows how to file the necessary court documents and make arguments on your behalf in front of a judge. They also have a deep understanding of the regulations pertaining to statutory deadlines and the usual protocol for submitting paperwork.
Arkady Bukh has a long record
representation of clients accused of serious crimes
federal state in the state of Nevada TAKE A CONSULTATION NOW!
Overview of a Civil Litigation Case
Civil litigation is often divided into multiple phases. Not every case will reach each phase, but it is important to have an idea what to expect.
Here is an overview of the phases of a civil case:
- Pre-trial investigation and negotiation
- Discovery (e.g., taking depositions, retaining experts, preparing witnesses)
Speak to an Experienced Brooklyn Civil Litigation Attorney with the Bukh Law Firm Today
The Bukh Law Firm is experienced in handling an array of civil disputes. Our legal team understands the rules and regulations associated with civil claims and can effectively advocate on your behalf. Our firm is unique because we are not simply a group of attorneys, paralegals and legal consultants.
We are actually a team of skilled and savvy legal professionals focused on meeting the needs of our clients. The Bukh Law Firm stands ready to serve clients in Brooklyn, NY.